As a departmental specialization, we are premised on the fact that industrial societies are undergoing such extensive and rapid change that it is impossible to map out the future simply by extending knowledge of the past or experiences of the present. We seek to forecast things to come, using theories of social structure and change, examining the causes and consequences of transformation, leading to the construction of alternative images of possible futures.
- POLS 171: Introduction to Political Futures
- POLS 241: Political Design and Futuristics
- POLS 342: Political Design and Futuristics
- POLS 672: Politics of the Future
- POLS 673: The Future of Political Systems
- POLS 702: Seminar: Research Methods
- POLS 770: Seminar: Public Policy